Ok, so lacking the patience to wait for proper gun coating (Armacoat) in this case I have painted the outstanding parts (op rod, trigger housing and rear sights) using high temp paint.
In the spirit of experimentation I figured theres no harm, should the finish prove inadequate for the task I can always strip the paint and redo the finish properly. If the finish holds up so much the better (hell, the paint is $5.00 a can as opposed to $50 for 8oz of Armacoat).
I also felt that a little color would serve the project, so I went ahead and bought some red hightemp paint, and did the bullet guide (pictured here) as a splash of color, in an otherwise black/grey rifle. This is supposed to be fun after all.
Barrel assembly is still on for Monday or Tuesday, and the rifle should be fully assembled minutes after the barrel is on. Stand by for pics and critique once it’s finished.